BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome!

Prompt Romp is your one-stop to writing bliss. Stuck for ideas? I have them. Take what you like; credit when necessary. Feedback is awesome and comments are lovely.

Like my blog? Become a follower!

Interested in trading links? Drop me an email at PrettySiren@gmail.com with "link request" in the subject line. (Writing or fandom websites only, please.)

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What else?

Specific Prompt:

The idea for this one was inspired by Andrew's newest post. His vivid descriptions are the perfect example of how descriptions in fiction should be; they show, without telling, and without tiring the reader.

So, my challenge for the Specific Prompt is to write a story set in the 20's. Saturate it with vivid descriptions which SHOW the reader the world. It was a different time then, describe it and breath into it life with your pen (or keyboard).

Fanfic Prompts:

Family Guy: Crackfic. (What else?) Peter invents a new kind of telescope. Use your imagination.

The Mighty Boosh: Crackfic. (What else?) Howard and Vince travel to Naboo's homeworld.The Head Shaman tags along.

Star Wars: Obidala. AU. Padme survives Episode III. What happens afterward?

Write a story including the phrase:

"Well, this was one trippy experience."

Use this song for inspiration:

"Daydream Believer" - The Monkees

One Word Prompts:

Spill
Fever
Chills
Sing
Laughter
Sanguine
Eloquent

4 comments:

AmberInGlass said...

Thank you for the great compliment, and the link to my blog!

Just out of curiosity, do you have some of your fanfictions posted somewhere to be read?

Unknown said...

Practically ever place I've posted is now defunct. The only surviving place that I have fics posted is my LJ.

Link:PrettySirenx

They're all Sylaire (Sylar and Claire from Heroes). That's been my biggest fandom influence lately. I particularly like the crackfics I most recently posted. hehe

Unpublished Guy said...

Kazuo Ishiguro wrote the Remains of the Day, which later was released as well received movie. The entire movie operates from your specific prompt's premise, a story told from someone of lower rank.

Unknown said...

I'd never heard of that novel before, but I'll definitely check it out. It sounds interesting. =)