BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome!

Prompt Romp is your one-stop to writing bliss. Stuck for ideas? I have them. Take what you like; credit when necessary. Feedback is awesome and comments are lovely.

Like my blog? Become a follower!

Interested in trading links? Drop me an email at PrettySiren@gmail.com with "link request" in the subject line. (Writing or fandom websites only, please.)

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Implications

Specific Prompt:

I want you to travel through time and space (but not to the world of the Mighty Boosh, because that would be copyright infringement, which is a no-no). Instead, I want you to create your own universe. Think of what inspires you. What are you interested in? Fairies, outer space, talking trees? Whatever it is, use it to your advantage and think of something interesting. Create a world. That's your challenge. Create a rich, unique, and interesting world. It could be a long term project, ideally. Half-ass attempts rarely come off as unique or interesting.

Fan fic Prompts:

Mighty Boosh: Yes, now I'm telling you to travel to the world of the Mighty Boosh (since it's fanfic and not for profit). Howard and Vince come into contact with vampires. Be as cracktastic as possible, please.

Battlestar Galactica: AU. What would've happened if Starbuck never died? Would they ever have found Earth? Think of all the implications of what would've been and create an alternate universe based on that.

Being Human: Mitchell/Annie (my new lovely ship). Mitchell and Annie can't die (they're both already dead). What are the implications of that? Unlike George, they're essentially immortal (barring any stakes through the heart or another one of those Death Doors). How does their immortality connect them?

Write a story including the phrase:

"Well, isn't this a right loading of f*cking piss?" (Forgive the asterisks. I'm unsure of Blogger's policy on swearwords and I don't want my blog taken down over something silly.)

Use this song for inspiration:

"That Thing You Do" by The Wonders
(Yes, it's a movie song. But I love it, and I just got done watching the movie.)

One Word Prompts:

Implications
Standard
Restless
Creep
Solvent

0 comments: