BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome!

Prompt Romp is your one-stop to writing bliss. Stuck for ideas? I have them. Take what you like; credit when necessary. Feedback is awesome and comments are lovely.

Like my blog? Become a follower!

Interested in trading links? Drop me an email at PrettySiren@gmail.com with "link request" in the subject line. (Writing or fandom websites only, please.)

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Secrets

Specific Prompt:

Think of the career you would most hate to work in. Think hard. Thought about it yet? Good. Now, write a story where your main character is in that career and LOVES it. Write why they love it. Open your mind and try to think of good things about that career, even if it doesn't appeal to it. For instance, if you're a creative person, maybe your character is an accountant who loves crunching numbers. Be inventive. Oh and -- give them a plot and a story.

Fanfiction Prompts:

Being Human: Write your bestest Mitchell/Annie story. (I adore them!) Make it tender, without being fluffy. That's the way I see them on the show. (And I sound like a dictator or something, but yeah -- totally, I would love to read a sweet Annie and Mitchell story.)

Heroes: Sylar/Claire. Smut. Somehow include the word "lick" (because I like it so much) three times in the story. The catch? It still has to make sense. It's not cracky smut. Also, include the word throb twice. Why? Because if you can do it without being repetitive, it's a good exercise/challenge.

Star Trek: Spock/Uhura smut. Yes, that's right. SMUT. In the movie, you could sense the smoldering passion beneath the surface. You, brave fanfic writer, must bring that passion forth. (And totally link me through an email or else a comment.)

Write a story including the phrase:

"I thought I would faint if I looked at him again."

Use this song for inspiration:

"I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers

One Word Prompts:

Liquid
Anguish
Front
Secrets
Like
Centurion

6 comments:

Unknown said...

you have an interesting blog..of courese I like it! smiles..
Nice to meet you!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the compliments! Nice to meet you too!

Cindy R. Wilson said...

That's a great prompt idea, writing a character with a profession you dislike. I often times try to give my characters jobs I would enjoy as well and I realized the necessity to branch out on this new WIP. Thanks for the idea!

Unknown said...

No problem! I tend to give my characters in novels jobs I would like -- usually. My main character in my novel series actually ends up getting a job I wouldn't like so much. (Well, at least that's the working theory -- I actually haven't written that book yet, as I'm still editing the first one and writing the second.)

Bring Back Pluto said...

You're good!

Great ideas and prompts!

I like your style and your vibe.

Bring Back Pluto
"ONE of THE GUYS"

Unknown said...

Awws, Pluto. I'm blushing. Thanks so much for the compliments!