BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome!

Prompt Romp is your one-stop to writing bliss. Stuck for ideas? I have them. Take what you like; credit when necessary. Feedback is awesome and comments are lovely.

Like my blog? Become a follower!

Interested in trading links? Drop me an email at PrettySiren@gmail.com with "link request" in the subject line. (Writing or fandom websites only, please.)

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Let a Chrous Girl Sing Me a Song

Specific Prompt:

You go to a book store and see a book that offends you. What is the book? Why is it offensive? And what comical thing do you do in protest of said book? (Catch: the book can't be real. Make up a title and a premise.)

Fanfic Prompt:

Write a Star Trek TNG fic. Data has discovered a new life form, but he is weary of revealing its existence to the rest of the crew for a specific reason. What's the reason?

Write a story including the phrase:

If I jumped, I knew I wouldn't have made it.

Use this song for inspiration:

"St. James Infirmary Blues" - Traditonal


One of my all-time favorite songs (and my great-grandma's), because it's timeless.

(Note: Because it's traditional, countless versions exist. Two specific versions speak to me, but go with whatever speaks to you. Research it.)

One word prompts:

Forbidden
Express
Delete
Engage
Lackluster
Fever

2 comments:

Rebecca A Emrich said...

don't delete my lackluster comment please!

Unknown said...

lol, It's not lackluster. No comments are.